Golf Ball Drop Raffle
Golf Ball Drop Raffle Fundraiser
Purchase a ticket for a chance to win $500, $250 or $125! By purchasing a ticket you are helping the aero club raise funds to offer scholarships to local students who have a passion for aviation. We can help kids turn their passion into a reality!
Each ball is $10.00
You will be assigned a numbered golf ball for each raffle ticket purchased.
At the close of the airshow on August 11th watch as 500 golf balls cascade to the ground from a helicopter towards a target. If your lucky numbered golf ball lands closest to the target – you’ll win:
1st Closest to target: $500
2nd Closest to target: $250
3rd Closest to target: $125
Raffle is on rain or shine!
Purchase tickets online* or at the Golf Ball Drop booth at the event prior to 2pm.
*Only 500 tickets available. Tickets purchased online will incur a $1.53 service fee from the Eventbrite online service. There is no fee when tickets are purchased on-site on August 11th.
HOW TO PLAY: Conditions and limitations:
- Participation at the air show is not necessary to purchase a ticket. Winners do not need to be present at the drop.
- The raffle is open to participants 18 years and older as of entry date.
- Odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received (maximum 500 balls).
- All entries have an equal chance of winning.
- Golf balls are of equal size, shape, and weight and are individually and permanently numbered to corresponding ticket.
- Event coordinators will verify that all numbered tickets sold match the golf balls placed into the receptacle.
- Spectators are not permitted within the designated drop area. Spectators will be at a minimum 500’ away.
- Golf balls will be loaded and dropped from the helicopter.
- Entries may not be sold after the balls are loaded and prepared for the drop.
- Decisions by the Plymouth Airport and Aero Club judges on all aspects of this event will be final and binding.
- In the event of a tie, the Plymouth Airport and Aero will use a flip of a coin to determine the winner.
- Winners will be notified by phone, or email from contact information supplied. If a winner cannot be located or fails to claim prize within (30) days after notification, prize will be forfeited and considered a donation.
- All entries become property of the Plymouth Aero Club, and will not be returned.
- By entering the raffle, winner consents, without limitation or without compensation, to the use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes, except where prohibited by law.
- All applicable taxes, licenses, and fees are the responsibility of the winners.
- By participating, each participant releases, discharges, indemnifies the Plymouth Aero Club and Plymouth Airport, its board of directors, volunteers, sponsors, agents, and promotional partners (collectively the “releases”) from any liability, loss, harm, injury, and expense whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the use of or participation in the event.
- In the event that the drop cannot take place by helicopter due to circumstances beyond the Plymouth Aero Club’s control, the raffle will be conducted via a lottery ticket draw method whereby all golf balls will be placed in a raffle bag. The first ball drawn from the bag wins the grand prize; second prize will be awarded to the second ball drawn; third prize will be awarded to the third ball drawn.
- If the airshow should be cancelled for any reason, the drawing will still take place at the Plymouth Airport on August 11th 2018.